It all began when Glen Johnstone had an idea to open up a service station in 1947. After 2 years of construction, Glen's Tire opened up in Mora, MN, on the south side of Hwy 23 in 1949. The services included tires and selling gasoline. Gasoline sold for 23 cents a
gallon when the station opened up. By 1951, vulcanizing and retreading tires were the main focus. Eventually Glen's Tire went on to sell everything from new and used passenger tires to truck and tractor tires. Shortly to follow was "on-the-farm" service.
In 1953 a new building was constructed across the highway on the north side due to the widening of Highway 23. The building still stands in the same location today where Glen's son, Dave and his wife, Pam run the business.